Wednesday, December 6, 2023

A View From Our Porch in the Early Autumn




It has felt mostly cold and miserable the last few weeks. The days are short and it gets dark depressingly early. It is not yet officially winter, yet the cold and the dark are already here, so it feels like winter, even if it is not yet official. 

Today felt especially dreary and cold, even though it did not rain. It was colder than usual. And while I work the overnights, last night was particularly tiring, and I actually overslept badly, waking up maybe around 1:30 in the afternoon. That meant that I had just a little over three hours of daylight.

So I realized that just a few weeks ago, I took this rather nice picture of what was still, at that point, a very beautiful, lovely autumn afternoon. The autumn colors were showing in the bright sunshine, as I relaxed on the porch and read my book. It was too damn cold today to think about doing that. It was a nice picture, which I meant to share back then. However, late as it may be, it felt like this was as good a time as any.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment