Sunday, September 29, 2024

Soggy Cape Town

It proved to be cold and eventually soggy in Cape Town yesterday. 

My tolerance for cold weather is usually pretty strong. In fact,  I have always kind of liked the cool and rainy weather conditions. But it was so cold that I had to go back to the hotel and get both my sweater and jacket. 

Thought it would warm up as the day progressed. But it never did. In fact,  it just seemed to get colder and colder. 

Shocking.

I understood that Cape Town is supposed to have weather than the rest of Africa. Again,  though,  it was outright cold. 

Anyway,  I was actually glad on some level. Mostly,  I just wanted to see what the locals call a "table cloth over Table Mountain."

The rain added some charm to the trip. Here are some pictures which, in fact,  are likely enhanced by the presence of rain.

Guess I can now say that I touched the rain down in Africa. 

Literally. 














































































No comments:

Post a Comment