Sunday, December 9, 2018

A Post About My Son & His Business Ventures



My son decided to participate in TREPS, which is an entrepreneur educational program for kids, for the first time.

He had deliberated for a while, and ultimately, he had decided to sell candles and home-made slime. I know, what a combination, right?

As the date grew closer, however, he decided to focus exclusively on slime. I was a bit worried, because how many people are going to buy bags of slime? 

Still, I supported him, and tried to help as much as possible. I told him it might be a good idea to add a little bookmark or makeshift card that would have a link to a video where he could give instructions on how to make slime. He has been making videos for a while now, and always wants to find bigger audiences, and reach out to as many people as possible, so it seemed like a win-win to not only make and sell the slime, but to use this opportunity to promote his own videos, as well.

He was working all week on making bags of slime. I tried to help out in any way that I could, including giving him some small bills for change. He is my son after all, so obviously, I want him to succeed, and to get something out of projects like these.

All in all, it was a good experience. His mother said that he had sold more bags of slime than he himself suggested he had. Not entirely sure where the truth is, but I am happy that he took this opportunity to learn something, and thought it would be worth the effort. Hopefully, it was. But I also thought it might be a good opportunity to help him out in another small way, by posting his video on how to make slime here:




No comments:

Post a Comment