Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Days of the Past


Well, it is Christmas once more. Already earlier today, I posted a blog entry about the last White Christmas for my family and I, back in December of 2017, with some pictures that I took while driving early that morning, before everyone really woke up. Funnily enough, it had not snowed further south, such as in Rahway and Hillsborough. Yet in northwestern New Jersey, there was just enough snow to really make everything pretty, to put a nice coating of the white stuff on the trees and the grass, but not to make driving especially dangerous or inconvenient.

Since everyone likes the idea of a White Christmas, it was nice to take advantage of an actual White Christmas, and to take some nice pictures. 

In that spirit, it seemed like a good idea to share another post here reflecting on Christmases of the past.

No, I am not the spirit of Christmas Past, or anything like that. But I do remember some Christmases of my own past. Mostly, I remember the excitement of waking up earlier than everyone else at my grandparent's place, and seeing the unlit Christmas tree and the shiny presents underneath it, and being impatient and incredibly excited to start unwrapping.

I happened on a link to what Christmas looked like on the year that you were born. It was an interesting link, and included the years that my brother and I were born (1971 and 1974, respectively).

So, take a look at this link, and see if you remember these trends. I remembered some, but frankly, these seemed a bit fluffy and concentrated almost exclusively on what was happening in the United States, and particularly in popular culture.

Still, it was interesting. So, go ahead and take a look for yourself by clicking on the link below:



This Is What Christmas Looked Like the Year You Were Born by Caroline Picard, Anna Zambelli, December 13, 2018:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/did-you-know/this-is-what-christmas-looked-like-the-year-you-were-born/ss-BBQVnbB?ocid=ientp

No comments:

Post a Comment