Saturday, December 22, 2018

On Break....Finally!!

Okay,  so here it is.  I am sitting here writing this on my cellphone,  because for some unknown reason,  my laptop refused to turn on. 

Another unneeded and unwanted source of stress,  and just in time for the holidays!

It is 3:47 in the morning,  and I woke up about one hour or so ago,  following a very strange,  and somewhat unsettling,  dream.

This is the first full day off in about a month for me. But it is more than that.  After Thanksgiving,  I made a point of trying to work quite a bit before the holiday break from school,  and did exactly that.  Man,  when I tell you that I worked a lot,  I mean it,  and this is coming from someone who has worked at least two jobs for the last decade and a half and change!

After some rough draft estimation, I believe that I worked roughly the equivalent of two full-time jobs, in terms of the hours worked. That was wearing on me,  and I admittedly felt numb and almost disbelieving after school yesterday while driving home.

Once I got home,  it almost felt like I did not know what to do with myself. There was a lot that I wanted to do. Catch up on Christmas shopping.  Go out to eat, maybe catch a movie.  Go on the net.  Stay home and relax,  eat something,  and watch a movie.  Sleep.

It wound up that I basically did nothing
 Ate a bit,  and tried to watch "Mississippi Burning," and could not get through even half of it. Wound up passed out on the couch,  and slept there for the night,  mostly because my girlfriend is very sick,  and I am trying hard to avoid getting sick myself.  After the past month,  the last thing that I need is to get really sick like that.  She said that she has not felt this sick in years!

So,  I slept.  Then,  after nearly seven hours of broken sleep,  I woke up just before three in the morning. Frankly,  it feels almost predictable. 

Then,  of course,  the sudden,  unexpected problems with the laptop.

Let's see what comes of that.

But I will say that I am very glad to have some time off,  at least from one of the two jobs.  Really want a day where I "catch up, " if you will,  on sleep.  Usually,  for me,  that means getting a full night's sleep,  and then taking a few hours of nap later in the day.  That usually does the trick and feels restorative for me when I am in dire need of a very restful day.

In any case,  just thought that I should check in while I can,  even on my cellphone.  Hope everyone out there is well and enjoying their holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment