Sunday, November 3, 2019

My Son Displays Some Real Lightsaber Skills





My son and I have bonded over a few key things over the years.  In music,  we both loved almost everything that Chris Cornell and the Beatles did,  among numerous other artists.  We both have enjoyed traveling,  and eagerly await our next opportunities to explore new places.  We both enjoy hiking, and especially appreciate waterfalls and mountain views.

And we both love some fiction and fantasy stories.  That includes Greek mythology,  and appreciated the Percy Jackson books.  We both love Indiana Jones.  And,  of course,  we both love Star Wars.

It was not a surprise that he loved Star Wars so much, then. We have similar tastes in many things, and I figured the mixture of mythology with technology in Star Wars would definitely appeal to him. He was so excited when I took him to what was then the new Star Wars movie, "The Force Awakens," that he ran out from the car and forced me to shout out to him to slow down and be careful around traffic. Clearly, he was fired up.

He still loves Star Wars, and we have seen all four of the Star Wars movies at the cinemas which have come out since 2015. And we both are looking very much forward to the final installment of the Skywalker saga, which is set to be released next month. 

Well, also like me, my son's interest in Star Wars goes beyond the movies. When I was a kid, I sometimes read Star Wars books (usually, written versions of the movies) and the comics, but was especially fond of the Star Wars toys from Kenner. For my son, it is more video games and models of lightsabers, and he has been working on his skills with the lightsaber, which have actually gotten to be quite impressive, if I say so myself!

















No comments:

Post a Comment