Monday, October 25, 2021

An Autumn Drive Through the Delaware Water Gap & the Alleghenies

 

 

Yesterday, after my shift ended, I headed onto nearby I-80 and headed west, towards my parent's home in Hornell, New York. Usually, I transfer and take either I-81 via Scranton and Binghampton towards Corning, or sometimes, especially if I feel nostalgic, perhaps I take the old Route 17 (soon to be I-86) through Middletown, Monticello and Liberty, an area where my family has deep roots dating back before I was even born.

This time, however, I continued on I-80, and went through the Alleghenies of Central PA. Drove through a place called Steam Valley. If that does not qualify as a great and almost mystic name for a place, then I don't know what does. Indeed, there was mist covering surprisingly steep mountains, and the allure of such a place was obvious. 

Unfortunately, I did not get pictures of that, although I did get some other pictures. That includes of the most beautiful part, I feel, of the Delaware Water Gap, where suddenly, the hills look almost like mountains, with steep, rocky cliffs, and sudden drops. It looks especially spectacular at this time of the year, with the fall colors.

Then, there are also pictures from Hornell. This morning, the clouds were hovering over the surrounding hill and town, and it looked so nice that a picture felt like a must. Finally, there are pictures of the outside cat, whom my parents named Romeo. My parents already have a cat, a female who does not get along with Romeo. But he is a handsome guy, and friendly, although he gets very scared when there is not a window or door serving as a barrier between me and him. But he seems very friendly otherwise, and these pictures seem to reveal that.

Enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment