Sunday, November 13, 2022

Phil Collins Continues to Deteriorate Physically





This is sad.

Yet, it is hardly surprising, either. When I took my son to see Genesis in December, it seemed that a lot of people, myself included, were unaware of how seriously Phil Collins had physically deteriorated and grown weaker. One woman could not stop talking about to her neighbors, and that included me. She seemed to be in disbelief, and suggested at least half seriously that he would surely jump up and start dancing, or doing something to show that he was still strong, still the same Phil Collins who we had been so used to.

Needless to say, that did not happen. 

Evidently, this was not a temporary condition, either. Almost a year after my son and I saw him with Genesis, the deterioration has only grown more severe. I ran into this article a few days ago. And while it saddened me, it is also a reminder of just how this world changes, and sometimes throws us a curve ball, even if that curve ball is seeing the seemingly too quick aging and physical deterioration of someone who's music many of us grew up on. He made some damn good music, and if anything, my appreciation for his music only grew stronger over the course of the years and decades. No matter what, I am very pleased to have taken my son to see Genesis, with Phil Collins. It was the last chance, as that was supposed to be their last ever tour. After seeing Collins that night, it was a bit easier to believe this. And now, after seeing this article, it is becoming even more clear that he is not likely to recover.

Having watched my own father physically deteriorate for around a quarter of a century before he died earlier this year, it makes it much easier to believe. Also, it made it easier to sympathize for what seemed like obvious pain that Collins betrayed with his movement in some instances, and his lack of movement in other instances. It reminded me a bit too much of my father.

Let us, however, wish Collins all of the best!


Phil Collins reveals he can “barely hold a drumstick anymore” by admin, November 8, 2022:

http://gewis.pacensure.com/uncategorized/phil-collins-reveals-he-can-barely-hold-a-drumstick-anymore/?fbclid=IwAR2wpTjnNEMKq5Zj9rqMRq2OG4zW01Im-RKv04Y83LCiH4hI3OfHjTNVvu4

No comments:

Post a Comment