Monday, November 28, 2022

Buy Nothing Day Celebration

A few days ago, for Black Friday, I mentioned my own little tradition of avoiding all stores and, in fact, trying to make a point of not spending any money on that day.

Well evidently, this is a thing. There is something call "Buy Nothing Day," which I happened to hear about for the first time in my life on Facebook just days ago. 

And there I was, feeling alone, as if I was the only one rather offended by how crass so many people are, aggressively pursuing consumer items at a bargain, and actively engaging in - as well as encouraging such behavior in others by so doing - the worst aspects of greed in our society.

This is a whole movement, and it evidently is a real thing! Learn something new every day, right?

In any case, below is a link to an article that explains a little more on this holiday, or celebration, which I evidently was admittedly unknowingly a part of:



What Is Buy Nothing Day and Why You Should Care by Alec Robson, November 25, 2022:
 
https://www.mychesco.com/a/lifestyle/what-is-buy-nothing-day-and-why-you-should-care/

No comments:

Post a Comment