Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sunday Funny: Aaron Rodgers Reflects On Life Choices After Jets Emerge As Only Potential Suitor

I cracked up a bit after seeing this headline. Just thinking about how Aaron Rodgers would suddenly question his life choices because the New York Football Jets would be his only remaining option makes me laugh.

Not sure if I even want him to go on Gang Green because, frankly, the Jets track record with getting veteran quarterbacks who seem to promise a quick or even an immediate solution to all of their problems, only to prove to be problematic themselves. Think of the Jets obtaining Boomer Esiason in the early nineties, or Neil O'Donnell in the mid-nineties. Testaverde proved to be a good pick up. But the one which this situation reminds me of the most is Brett Favre. Remember, the Jets picked him up back in 2008, and for a while, it seemed to be working out, as the Jets were 8-3 and looking very much like a serious contender. And then, the rug was pulled out from under them, and they just kept losing and losing, until they missed out on the playoffs, which had seemed like a sure thing earlier in the season.

It's too easy seeing such a ridiculous situation arise again with Aaron Rodgers. Perhaps especially since he has that same Packers connection that Favre did. I mean, he likely won't send dick pics to cheerleaders, the way that Favre did during his tenure with the Jets. But still, I don't see the Jets suddenly going to the Super Bowl and/or winning it all suddenly with Rodgers. Also, I don't see Rodgers playing for more than two more seasons, perhaps three at the most. That leaves a very short window of opportunity, and I just do not know that the Jets are quite that good that one player - even Rodgers - will lift them up. I could be wrong, and if they pick him up and prove me wrong and win it all, I would be thrilled. Just don't see that happening.

In any case, it's Sunday, and I wanted to try and keep it light and humorous. And this Onion headline made me laugh. Hopefully, it'll give you a bit of a laugh on this Sunday, as well.


Aaron Rodgers Reflects On Life Choices After Jets Emerge As Only Potential Suitor Published March 10, 2023:

https://www.theonion.com/aaron-rodgers-reflects-on-life-choices-after-jets-emerg-1850213899?utm_campaign=The+Onion&utm_content=1678480711&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2cg7RlIkkxR-SmvrX59hwGeplgpoyGDyHd_sHbtSzY5E-8Lor4JwMZ5pU

No comments:

Post a Comment