Monday, March 27, 2023

Former Nabisco Cookie Plant on Route 208 Set For Implosion

                                        


For years, I would regularly drive right by this old Nabisco plant, almost on a daily basis (at least on most weekdays). This was particularly true of the nineties. And I remember sometimes being able to enjoy the scent of baked goods wafting through the area. Pleasant memories for sure!

Well, the plant is now history, already. The plant closed operations a while ago, and the building has already at least partially been taken apart.

Now, however, there is a definitive date set for the implosion, which will take place next month, in April. Not sure if I will try and go or not. It depends on my schedule, as well as my energy.

In any case, it feels like more and more of these places with personal memories attached are going by the wayside. A couple of years ago, it was the Fireplace restaurant in Paramus, which was one of my favorite restaurants. My son and I went on the final day and, in fact, we had two of the last four burgers that the restaurant would ever serve to anyone.

And now, the Nabisco building is about to be a memory. It closed down a while ago. There is now a definitive day set for the building itself to be imploded. 

I am looking into arranging for my son and I to possibly go, never having seen an implosion before. My guess is that it would be an interesting experience. Given the complexities of my schedule, and am not entirely sure if I can make it happen, but I will at least try. 

 










Date Set for Nabisco Cookie Plant Implosion in NJ The massive site on Route 208 has been a part of the landscape for as long as some folks can remember Published March 12, 2023 • Updated on March 13, 2023:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/date-set-for-nabisco-cookie-plant-implosion-in-nj/4148881/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand&fbclid=IwAR1LWxv-LlDFyFOwhd1OTHyZvNg3ahFNEwf8NqFu87AzvP9dD5EW8yt33mg

No comments:

Post a Comment