Tuesday, March 28, 2023

A Hole in Sun 30 x's Size of Earth Spread & Brought Solar Winds To Us Last Week

Somebody posted this on Facebook today. And as I have mentioned before, I love science and try and read some scientific articles on a fairly regular basis, and expose myself to the unfamiliar. However, my capacity to know and understand science is, frankly, limited. So when I saw this rather sensationalist styled article, my first thought went to that movie, "The Knowing," when severe to the point of being deadly solar flares effectively end life on Earth.

That is not what this is. Or rather, was. Because when I saw this article earlier today, and saw that we would hit the effects by the end of the week, I briefly wondered if we were going to see the end of days. of course, this possibility was there and gone just as quickly, because how many end of the world scenarios do we hear about, which wind up being just overhyped stories? 

Still, this was pretty fascinating. And while outdated, it seemed worth sharing here nevertheless. It's on my mind, and it does not hurt to understand these kinds of things better. 



A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week Rebecca Cohen, Jessica Orwig, and Morgan McFall-Johnsen Mar 21, 2023:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronal-hole-on-sun-blasts-solar-wind-toward-earth-2023-3

No comments:

Post a Comment