Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Another Snowy Morning in the Garden State






Indeed, we had another snowy morning today. 

So after getting off from work this morning, I decided to stop and take some pictures. The first couple of pictures were of the woods in Parsippany. They have a bluish tint to them, because it was not even fully daylight yet. But the woods looked beautiful in that still half gray or bluish light, and draped in freshly fallen, untouched snow. 

Then on the way back to Hillsborough, I stopped at the Nevius Street Bridge in Raritan, with the castle-like structure that once was a pump house for the nearby Duke Farms, which it had been a part of. I love how it looks like a castle, and have taken pictures of it and posted them here before. But it looks particularly charming on cold, snowy mornings like this one. It almost feels reminiscent of an old European castle draped in snow. 

Somehow, I suspected that the snow would not last long. Last week, when we finally got some measurable snow, it was gone in Hillsborough by 10pm. This time, it was all gone well before I woke up around noon. So while it was raw and cold, and my fingers were starting to hurt, I am still glad to have taken a bit of time to take these pictures, which seemed worth sharing here.

Enjoy!































No comments:

Post a Comment