Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Altering Pictures of Our Trip to Mesa Verde, Colorado

Keeping in the spirit of touching up some of the old pictures from the Western trip that my son and I took in August of 2016, it seemed fitting also to publish these pictures of Mesa Verde, Colorado.

It was through my grandfather's stamp collection that I first learned of Mesa Verde, with the 1934 National Parks stamp series. It looked fascinating and ancient, like something you would more likely see in some other, far older country. But we must remember that Native Americans, or First Nations as they are called in Canada (and I kind of prefer that name), were here for a very long time before our modern society ever arrived, with all of it's extremes.

So my son and I went to see it. It was the first ever trip that either of us took in the Rocky mountains, although we just kind of clipped them in the southwestern corner of Colorado. 

Anyway, I tried to give the below pictures a distinctly antiquated look. You can see the redone pictures above, and the originals below. It feels like the older look is appropriate, and also as if they are entirely different pictures. Which, in a sense, they are.

Enjoy!

Redone Pictures:





















Originals:














No comments:

Post a Comment