Sunday, January 7, 2024

Some Pictures & Video Clips From Winter Storm Ember in New Jersey This Weekend




We had a snowy weekend here in New Jersey. Winter storm Ember came around and gave us our first real, measurable snowstorm of this cold weather winter season. 

The snow totals vary from place to place. Vary widely, as I understand it.

At the time that it came, I was actually at work. It did not seem to be covering the roads just yet when I got out and went home. But by the time I got to Hillsborough, it was indeed like a winter wonderland. The drive back to work in the evening was a bit tougher, but I tried to leave very early and keep the speeds low. Just figuratively put my head down and drove with patience. It seemed that there were a lot of people stuck on the sides of the roads, so I tried to stay in the cleared pathways.

Got to work safely, and very early. So I finished my book (Three O'Clock in the Morning, which I already posted a book review of earlier) and then took a short nap.

Then from my other (weekend) job, it seemed like a good idea to take some pictures and even a couple of brief video clips of the snow falling. By now, it did not appear to be sticking any longer. The flakes were pretty huge, which as I understand it, usually means that the snowstorm is tapering down, and about to end. So it was.

Nevertheless, it seemed worth sharing here. These pictures and short video clips were taken from the parking lot of my weekend job in Parsippany, New Jersey. 

Enjoy.





 













Brief Clip of Snowstorm on 7 January 2024






Brief Clip #2 of Snowstorm on 7 January 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment