Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Fairly Dramatic Pictures From Cold & Misty Catskills


Late last week, I drove back from my mom's place in upstate New York (western New York) with my son. We headed across the Catskills, to visit my aunt, who lives in the home of my grandparents, both of whom died decades ago.

Along the way, I was captivated by the rather dramatic beauty of the surrounding landscape. It was cold and dreary, with rain and mist persisting almost until we got to her home. Also, it was getting dark. I hesitated to stop, wanting to maximize the amount of driving that I did while it was still daylight.

Still, I could not resist stopping and taking a few pictures when a solid view presented itself. Not sure how much variation there is in these pictures. Just in case there are some differences - and I did not get much chance to examine these ahead of time - it seemed prudent to publish each of them.

Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment