Tuesday, January 28, 2020

RIP Kobe Bryant

This took too long for me to write, admittedly.

All I can say in my defense is that this has been an extremely busy time. I worked both jobs this weekend, both days, and so I had not heard about Kobe's untimely death until I came on for my Sunday night shift, during which time, there is little access for me to this blog.

Yesterday was Holocaust Remembrance Day, and I kind of wanted to keep that as the one subject discussed on that particular day, even though there were actually three different, separate posts on the subject.

But now, having woken up early in order to get ready for jury duty (on my day off), and trying to sit in such a way as to alleviate problems with my back, not to mention still fighting the lingering effects of the worst cold that I had in a number of years, it seemed like it was time.

So yes, Kobe Bryant and his daughter were killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California. The conditions were far from ideal, as there was heavy fog, which likely contributed to the reasons that the helicopter crashed. 

All 9 people on board died in the crash.

When news came out that Kobe had been killed, it obviously went viral. Everyone was devastated by the news.

Kobe had enjoyed a very successful 20-year career. He was one of the greatest payers in basketball history, He was an All-Star 18 times, won five NBA Championships and made two other NBA Finals appearances, and was the NBA MVP in 2008. Additionally, he won two gold medals in the 2008 and 2012 Olympics.

Indeed, his list of accomplishments was great, as e undeniably ranked among the very best players in NBA history, and indeed as one of the most decorated and accomplished athletes in history, more generally. He was a face and a name who was instantly identifiable.

RIP, Kobe and daughter, as well as the other people on board the helicopter.

No comments:

Post a Comment