Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Seal at the Met in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - 5/11/2023

 






For years, I had wanted to see Seal in concert, particularly with my son. He was one of the musicians with whom my son and I bonded during those western trips, as we listened to his music quite often. But it always seemed like he did not come around on tour all that often and/or the tickets were just a bit too pricey. Then earlier this year, there were tickets for Philly which were reasonable, and scheduled for a regular night off from work for me. So I jumped on the opportunity. 

So last week, my son and I went to see Seal in concert last week in Philadelphia. Now, I have been listening to Seal since back in 1994, when "Prayer for the Dying" and "Kissed by a Rose" were all over the radio waves. Somehow, they both seemed to have a different, a unique and almost mysterious sound to them. They were intriguing, and got me interested in Seal.

Over the years, I would get more of his albums, and my son and I bonded over his music. This was particularly true of our western trips. But still, the opportunities to see Seal in person seemed few and far between. Also, they tended to be expensive. Until earlier this year, when I saw that Seal was going on tour. Automatically, I looked into Philadelphia, because those tickets tend to be both cheaper and more readily available and, since I live relatively nearby, fairly convenient. Sure enough, the tickets were available, and cheap tickets (less than half the price of New York, if memory serves correctly) were available. So I jumped on the opportunity, and my son and I were going to finally see Seal!

The show was simply fantastic! Seal played sons from his first two albums, which of course are the two which I am most familiar with, and also my favorites (at least so far). We both really enjoyed it, as well as a chance to visit the city of Philadelphia a little more. Tonight, I wanted to focus on reviewing the show. Tomorrow, I can post the pictures of the city of Philadelphia which we took.

Below are the pictures that I took from this show, of the theater itself (both inside and outside), and the Seal show. There is also a brief clip of the opening minutes, just before and after Seal finally took the stage. 

Enjoy!


Crazy 
The Beginning 
Deep Water 
Whirlpool 
Future Love Paradise 
Violet  
Bring It On 
Prayer for the Dying (Seal in the crowd) 
Don't Cry  
Fast Changes  
Killer (Adamski cover) (Seal in the crowd) 
Kiss From a Rose
Encore: 
Get It Together (with band intros after song) 
Love's Divine


MAY 11 2023 Seal Setlist at Metropolitan Opera House, Philadelphia, PA, USA  Tour: World Tour 2023:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/seal/2023/metropolitan-opera-house-philadelphia-pa-53b99be1.html


 


































































No comments:

Post a Comment