Saturday, May 27, 2023

The Outrageous Prices For Taylor Swift Concert Tickets

On Friday morning, the news repeatedly mentioned the series of Taylor Swift shows set to be played at MetLife Stadium over the weekend. They warned about the traffic, which was not surprising. But they also said that it was supposed to be incredibly packed, maximum capacity. They also mentioned how New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy honored Swift by naming a sandwich after her. Also, how her merchandise is disappearing quickly from the racks. Finally, they warned everybody not to bother going anywhere near the stadium if they did not have a ticket, because again, every seat had apparently been sold. 

Yet I had heard that while concert tickets in general had gotten quite expensive, tickets to see Taylor Swift specifically were outrageous. 

So I decided to go and visit one website, just to get an idea of exactly how much the tickets actually were. And the results admittedly stunned me.

Don't get me wrong: I have nothing against Taylor Swift. Not going to claim to be a fan or anything. Think I'm a bit too old for that. But I had heard about how expensive those tickets were, and how unbelievable the demand for tickets has been. 

Now admittedly, I don't get it. Again, nothing against Taylor Swift. But the ticket prices were all well over $1,000! That was where the prices started, and those were the nosebleeds. In the lower sections and the floor, I did not see any tickets for under $2000! I mean, I would hesitate to buy tickets at that price even if some of the most legendary musical acts in history were to get together for one enormous show. Even if the surviving Beatles performed together, then the surviving members of Led Zeppelin played, then the surviving members of Pink Floyd, then the surviving members of the Rolling Stones, the Who, Pearl Jam, the surviving members of Soundgarden, the surviving members of Nirvana, and so on and so forth (you get the picture by now). I mean, that would be one of the greatest concerts in history, right? But again, ticket prices of over $1,000 for concerts  - that is to say one evening of a music act - just seems completely outrageous to me!

And I'm not kidding, the prices really were that expensive when I checked. It was so stunning to me, that I went ahead and took some pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment