Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Buggles at The Met, Philadelphia 5/11/23

So last week, my son and I went to see Seal in concert last week in Philadelphia. Before he came on, however, we saw the Buggles, who opened.

The Buggles were pretty big in the eighties, known best for their song "Video Killed the Radio Star."  In fact, some credit lead singer Trevor Horn as "the man who invented the eighties," according to his Wikepedia page. They performed that hit song, as well as one of my all-time favorite songs, "Owner of a Lonely Heart," because Horn played a fairly prominent role in the creation of that song. Indeed, the Buggles and Yes have some connections going back decades.

This was one of the more enjoyable opening acts which I have seen, and I was glad to have seen them. Here are some pictures that I took, as well as a very brief video clip of them performing "Owner of a Lonely Heart."

Enjoy!













MAY 11 2023 Buggles Setlist at Metropolitan Opera House, Philadelphia, PA, USA  Setlist:
SETLIST    
Two Tribes (Frankie Goes to Hollywood cover) (Instrumental) 
Living in the Plastic Age 
Elstree 
I Am a Camera \
Owner Of A Lonely Heart (Yes cover) 
Video Killed the Radio Star

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/buggles/2023/metropolitan-opera-house-philadelphia-pa-4bb99bda.html

No comments:

Post a Comment