Wednesday, May 24, 2023

My Favorite Tina Turner Song

As sad as it is that Tina Turner has passed, I feel that we should nevertheless be thankful and appreciate the enormous gifts which she brought to us with her music. Obviously, it goes without saying that she was extremely talented, and resilient in her life. She served as an inspiration for millions, and she rightly ranks among the all-time great in modern music. 

In honor of the memory of the late Tina Turner, the "Queen of Rock 'n Roll," it seemed fitting to me to publish a blog entry of my favorite song from her. It is "What's Love Got To Do With It?" and became one of the most popular and iconic songs of the 1980's. The opening feels quite dramatic and even haunting, and then develops into one of the catchiest tunes of it's time.

One of my great regrets in terms of music is not having seen Tina Turner. As is too often the case, I just assumed that there would be more time and opportunity. It saddens me that she is gone for many reasons, not least of which is that I never got to personally see one of her shows, because she was supposed to have been absolutely electrifying on the stage. 

Anyway, without further ado, here is the official video for "What's Love Got To Do With It?." 

Enjoy.



Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It (Official Music Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment