Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sunday Funny: Couple Choosing Not To Have Kids Can’t Fathom Bringing Child Into World With So Many Marvel Movies


Now here was a spoof headline from The Onion which I could definitely relate to.  

There was a point, years ago, when I still kind of enjoyed the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and when I even looked forward to new, upcoming Marvel movies. For the most part, that was when my son and I had a tradition of going to the Marvel movies. But he is older now, and for both of us, our enjoyment of these movies has cooled considerably.   

To be sure, I knew that it felt like they had begun to dominate, and were crowding the movie market to such an extent that other types of good quality movies were being pushed out, probably not even being made. Now, that suspicion has turned into certainty. There needs to be more diversity with movies that are coming out. That became clear after "The Joker" came out, with the producer (I believe) having created as close to an artistic masterpiece as he could in that format, because he felt that a quality movie which he wanted to make could not have come out otherwise, if it was not related to superheroes in some fashion or other.  

Since then, I began to grow tired of new superhero movies. Now admittedly, I still like some, and certain movies which, it can be argued, are related to superheroes or comic books, such as Star Wars, Star Trek, and Indiana Jones, just to name a few. However, the superhero movies specifically began to feel like they were growing stale and, eventually, it began to be cumbersome to see that some new, high-profile, blockbuster superhero movie was set to be released to great fanfare. There came a point when, frankly, I no longer wanted to hear of a new Avengers or Antman or Guardians of the Galaxy movie. As creative as some of those movies were, they simply grew too repetitive and stale, lifeless. If at first they seemed to my younger mind a refreshing change from overly serious movies, they now feel like a product of the very mindlessness that has come to increasingly plague our society, and the older version of me craves alternative movies, movies that might challenge me more. Movies that might actually make me think.   

In any case, here is the headline that seemed worth sharing here, and I recommend that you open it and take a look for a good laugh. Enjoy!



Sunday Funny: Couple Choosing Not To Have Kids Can’t Fathom Bringing Child Into World With So Many Marvel Movies Published May 19, 2023:

https://www.theonion.com/couple-choosing-not-to-have-kids-can-t-fathom-bringing-1850450971?utm_campaign=The%20Onion&utm_content=1684507505&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Ym6J15-89MXYAqBFkkkM18Jz_oXOEI14XuV50qo2vzdqlCUwGbLoJfi4

No comments:

Post a Comment