Tuesday, May 31, 2022

How Hot Was It Today?

This was a punishing, oppressive day. It was very, very hot here in New Jersey, and with the humidity added to it, it was downright dangerous.

Luckily, I had disciplined myself enough to go for a walk earlier in the morning, before the temperatures really began to sore. It was still in the lower 70's (Fahrenheit) when I went for that walk. Still, it was already humid. Somehow, you could already feel how hot the day was going to be, and I got back probably before 9am, when it was still in the mid-70's.

It was a day off for me, so when I got back inside, I pulled the curtains and turned on the fan. Later, when it really got hot, I turned on the air conditioner. 

At some point, I went over to check just how hot it was. Then, I saw this:





Obviously, it was not actually quite that hot. The temperature gauge was surely in the sun, exaggerating just how hot it actually was.

Nevertheless, it was uncomfortably hot today in New Jersey, and through much of the northeast. If you are in one of these areas, take precautions and take care of yourself! It's no joke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment