Saturday, May 21, 2022

Final Images For My Late Father




In recent days, I posted some blog entries with what I had assumed - wrongly, as it turns out - were the last pictures of my father.

Turns out that there was one more picture taken more recently than the one I took of my mom and my father together back in November of last year.

While at my mom's place, I learned that in fact, Hornell Gardens, the place where he spent his final months, had taken a picture of him in December. It is perhaps not the best picture, and seems likely a bit forced. Someone put a Santa hat on him, and snapped a photo. He does not look especially happy about it. Nevertheless, I believe that this was the last picture that was ever taken of him while he was still alive, and so it seemed fitting to publish it here.

Then, the funeral home gave us large laminated cards in his honor. This includes an image that I already posted here, and which was also hanging in the living room of our home in West Milford for almost two decades, as it turns out. Underneath the picture is the description that the funeral home wrote and provided for us.

So, both of those seemed important enough to share here in this post. 

Enjoy.











No comments:

Post a Comment