Saturday, May 14, 2022

Some Lesser Known But Wonderful Towns To Visit In Europe



Like almost everybody else with access to the internet, I find myself watching videos. Sometimes, I find that I have wasted a hell of a lot of time doing this, and then it makes me feel bad. Not too different, frankly, from spending a day, or many free hours, just sitting there flipping through channels and not watching anything in particular, only to find that you have wasted a day. That is much rarer these days, but spending hours on the internet without much to show for it is not. In fact, it feels like it has grown to become much more of a problem in recent years.

However, not all videos that I watch are wastes of time like this. Some videos that I like are informative. Some are book reviews, or good movie reviews. Sometimes, I watch videos from yesteryear for the sake of nostalgia. And then some videos, like this one, are not only informative, but also inspire a desire to go out and explore, to do some traveling.

And over the years, I have come to really like Wolter's World. The guy is intelligent and keeps his mind open, and he is fair. He gives some good tips, and even if you have not traveled to the places he is talking about, he makes it interesting, so that you almost have a feel for the place, like you are there. He seems to mostly have done Europe and North America, although maybe there are some videos from him that I have not yet seen where he visits other parts of the world. That I cannot say.

What I can say is that he has some really cool and helpful video tips on traveling. This is one of them. Here, he gives a top ten list of European towns and villages which are not completely inundated with tourists, but which nonetheless are beautiful and give a good taste of the country's culture and history and architecture. I think that I have been to one of these towns, and if memory serves correctly, it was just basically passing through, mostly.

Take a look at this video, and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment