Monday, May 16, 2022

One of My Favorite Pictures Rediscovered

 




This was one of the things that I actually looked for in the old house in West Milford, but never found. For many years, there was a large print of this picture hanging right in the living room. For some reason, it was taken down, although I can no longer quite remember why it was taken down. Nor can I remember what was done with that actual picture, which was atop a board.

However, I stumbled upon this copy of it on my father's own Facebook page. It was stunning, and immediately, I wanted to save it. So that is what I am doing. Eventually, I guess, his page will be taken down, once it has been inactive for long enough. But any pictures that can be found there should be preserved. There already had been one or two pictures which I obtained from it, but this one, which I discovered earlier this morning, was a real prize. I was so glad to see this picture after so many years. Again, it graced a prominent part of our living room for so many years.

Everyone in the picture looks so happy.

So here it is, and I kept the original description, in his words (in French):


Gérard Lisa et David, Villemomble 1972


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=140351542729380&set=a.140335466064321&type=3

No comments:

Post a Comment