Saturday, December 17, 2022

A Visit to New York During the Holiday Season




So yes, my son and I took a trip to NYC last night. It almost came as a surprise, and was admittedly a bit hastily put together on the day of. Still, I believe that it was a success. 

We were originally supposed to go to see Art Garfunkel. Those were concert tickets that I had gotten literally years ago, and it became the first concert that I was supposed to attend which was postponed literally five times, and then eventually cancelled. No, that is not an exaggeration. Originally, it was supposed to be on April 19, 2020. That obviously was pushed back because of the pandemic, and so it was pushed back to November 19, 2020. Then it was pushed back to July of 2021. Then to October 13, 2021. Then to October 21, 2022. Finally, it was pushed back to December 16, 2022 (last night). But earlier this month, it was cancelled outright. And I found out about it the day of, literally actually the early morning hours on the day of.

That was when I decided to push forward a trip that my son and I were set to make to New York City, to visit the Met Museum. My original plan was to go to the concert yesterday, and then for him and I to visit New York City next week. But since there is a storm expected, it seemed like a good idea to simply switch days, which is what I wound up doing.

We visited the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. Pictures of our visit there will be posted later. But for today, it seemed like a good idea to post some of the night shots that I took of our evening visit to New York City during this holiday season.

Enjoy!




















Belvedere Castle at Night, Central Park






















The New York Metropolitan Museum of Art


















The Giant Christmas Tree in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art





























Rockefeller Center 

























NY 









My son and I at Rockefeller Center, with a view of the beautiful tree, taken just last night (12/16/22)











Pictures of my son and I taken at Rockefeller Center from late December, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment