Monday, December 19, 2022

Players & Coaches Break Down the Vikings Managed the Greatest Comeback in NFL History


Minnesota Vikings (8-3) 


In recent weeks, I gravitated to other subject matter, and did not focus so much on sports. Even as the World Cup was taking place in Qatar, and the NFL season is heating up as the weather grows colder, I was holding off on sports-related blog entries.   

However, this was an amazing weekend in sports, and so I have had a flurry of sports-related blog entries in recent days. The single biggest sporting event in the world, the Final match of the World Cup, took place yesterday. And it was a thrilling match. In the NFL, some very intriguing, late season games, and a few of them with wild finishes. The Patriots lost to the Raiders on an unbelievable defensive touchdown after a lateral pass went very wrong. The Jaguars came back and stunned the Cowboys. The Lions and Jets going back and forth at the end of the game, with Detroit squeaking past Gang Green right at the end. And, of course, the Vikings pulling a real magic trick out of their hat, overcoming a 33-0 deficit to stun the Colts and produce what now stands as the greatest comeback in NFL history.  

Now, this little flurry of sports-related blog entries will not catch me up. I got a bit lazy with making the weekly NFL predictions and summing up the games of the past week, admittedly. I have already mentioned why I am not really talking at length about the World Cup in Qatar. To me, Qatar simply did not deserve to get to host the World Cup. That goes a bit of a distance to explaining my relative silence on sports lately.

I did mention the World Cup Final between Argentina and France, even though I did not go into great detail. Again, my focus was actually more on why I did not actually watch or even follow this particular World Cup, so I could not get into too much of the details. 

Also, I dedicated two blog entries to the Vikings historic comeback over the Colts, from 33 points down. Make this a third one, because it was just so amazing, and I am not boycotting the NFL like I did the Qatar World Cup. 

Below is a link to an ESPN article that actually breaks the game down just a bit, using the thoughts of the players and coaches from both teams (and even one NFL official) involved. Interesting take on the game. Here is the link below:




How Vikings pulled off biggest comeback in NFL history play Dec 17, 2022 by Kevin Seifert, ESPN Staff Writer, December 17, 2022:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35275118/how-minnesota-vikings-turned-surefire-loss-nfc-north-clinching-victory

No comments:

Post a Comment