Monday, December 12, 2022

North Jersey Winter Wonderland





This morning, after a stressful end to my work shift, I navigated the roads, which were not nearly as bad as I had feared after the first significant snow event of this cold weather season.

When I had left Hillsborough last night for work, it was soggy and mostly rain. The farther north I got, the more evidence of snowfall there was. By the time I got up to Passaic County, and the higher elevations, it began to look like Christmas. 

It was still mostly dark when I got to Butler, New Jersey, where I stopped for a cup of coffee and a snack. After that, with some time to spare since my son's school had a delayed opening as a result of the inclimate weather, it felt like it would be a good idea to drive around and take some pictures of the recent snowfall. There was still snow on the trees, and the early morning light had a pale quality to it that I very much enjoyed. There pictures were taken maybe an hour before the sun began to shine, albeit briefly. 

Some of them came out quite nicely. Others not as much. I like the one on top, with the church steeple with the foothill in the backdrop, making it look like a real winter wonderland. I also like the barber shop, which made this picture look almost like a nostalgic piece from a bygone era. And the one of the road, cutting a slick black path through the white snow surrounding it also was one of my personal favorite pictures from this batch.

In any case, here are the pictures, so that you can see for yourself. 

Enjoy!























































No comments:

Post a Comment