Friday, December 9, 2022

Annual Tradition of Crowds Gather in Central Park In Honor of John Lennon's Memory






This is something that I have actually long wanted to do, at least once in my life. New York City is not very easy to get to from me, here in suburban New Jersey. Yet, it is easy enough that my son and I take a few trips there per year, and sometimes go a number of times (we are planning on making what I believe will be our fourth trip in a couple of weeks). 

Each year, on the anniversary of his death (as well as on his birthday, I believe), crowds gather at New York's Strawberry Fields in Central Park to honor the memory of the late John Lennon. And again, I have long intended to make this trip myself, although admittedly, have not yet done so to this point. Some day.

In any case, here is the link to this article about the annual gathering for this year:


Crowds gather in Central Park to honor John Lennon on anniversary of his death by CBS NEW YORK TEAM  DECEMBER 8, 2022 / 7:54 PM / CBS NEW YORK:

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/john-lennon-death-anniversary-central-park-strawberry-fields/?fbclid=IwAR3-9n82wRQKByosK8x_l9JNg3tQuwJvWkzM2PFx44dlr-zdXrCzufIIiBM


No comments:

Post a Comment