Friday, December 9, 2022

My Girlfriend Has Bought Herself a New Car




Yes, my girlfriend picked up her new car earlier today. At her request, I went with her, not just to drop her off, or anything, but for moral support, and to provide any kind of help or encouragement that I could. 

Ultimately, she got this one. It is a silver-blue 2022 Toyota Corolla. It had 2 miles on it when she finally got behind the wheel for the first time, to pull it out of the storage garage and bring it out onto the lot. The dealer was alarmed when he learned that it had not been filled up with gas, so before we left the dealership, he went with us to the nearby gas station to fill it up.  

The dealership itself is right off of a highway, and my girlfriend is nervous driving on highways. At her request, I drove the car home, so I technically was the driver for probably the first 11 or 12 miles, or so, other than those first 2 miles that were on it already. But it is home, and she is happy. That said, she still feels stress from the ordeal at the dealership. Going to dealerships always feels like a nerve-wracking process. 

Still, it was probably less nerve-wracking and annoying than when both her car and my own had problems simultaneously. Neither of us had seemingly reliable cars to drive for a couple of days there in late November, which is of course the reason why we were looking at other cars. Her car was fixed, ultimately, and mine is set to be ready this coming Tuesday. Now, she has a new car, and I will have my car. The other car, her old car, will be the third car between us, just in case something happens where we need it. 

Here are the pictures of her big new purchase!






My girlfriend and me posing for the dealership picture with her new car 

No comments:

Post a Comment