Saturday, September 24, 2022

Trip to France 2000: Paris, Eiffel Tower Sparkling Lights, Jardins du Luxembourg, Musée du Louvre, Chenonceaux, Mont St-Michel & Montmartre





Having just come back from another trip with my son a few weeks ago - we usually take a good trip together each year - I have been in a kind of traveling mood. Sometimes, the trip can feel extended by going through and working to improve pictures. This time, it seemed like a good idea to dedicate a post for a long ago trip from 2000, before my son was even born. 

On the 20th of May of the year 2000, I got married. The next day, we left for Paris, France, the focal point of our honeymoon. I believe that we got there on May 22nd.

What is strange is that we did have cameras with us, or at least one. Yet, we apparently never did get those pictures developed, so I do not believe that I ever saw the actual, physical pictures from that trip. That is unfortunate.

However, that was the trip where I took my camcorder, and made sure to get a decent amount of the trip on video. There are two existing recordings of over an hour each, I believe. And there is a third, which I believe has gone missing, but which I am almost positive that I did make, particularly of Marly-le-Roi, and probably of some of the other destinations on our one-day trip to the Loire. Possibly some other clips of Paris, although I cannot be sure. What makes me saddest about that missing tape is that it featured some family members who have since departed. I would love to recover that missing tape and make a copy of it at some point. But I admittedly do not hold high hopes of that happening. 

Hopefully, that video will be found. However, since there were the two videos, which I at least had the foresight to make multiple copies of, I figured it would not hurt to take pictures of the video, and try and post some of those pictures here. The thing with that trip is that it almost felt forgotten to me for some reason. Despite having it on video, it often felt like even the six week trip back in 1998 as somehow more recent, or more memorable, than the 2000 trip was, somehow. Perhaps it was the seemingly complete absence of physical pictures, at least to date. So here is my attempt to remedy that. Here are some halfway decent pictures from the video that I recently took, and thought were worth sharing here.

Enjoy!
































France 2000


















 
























Citroen 2CV Classic Charleston:











































F























No comments:

Post a Comment