Sunday, September 4, 2022

Visiting Oslo at Night




Oslo gets cold. Everyone knows that.

Yet somehow, it came as a surprise to me just how cold it gets at night. I mean, it was still August. The last night of August, granted, and the first few hours of the month of September. But still, those are still warm months. 

Frankly, I do not remember specifically feeling the warmth of a day go out quite as quickly as it felt it went out in the evening in Oslo. It went from being quite comfortable, and possibly even a little on the warm side, to feeling cool, and then feeling downright cold, and all incredibly quickly. Foolishly, I had opted to leave my jacket back at our hotel. Not one of the better ideas. But again, I just had not expected it to drop in temperatures quite so quickly. Usually during the summer, it takes a while for the temperatures to really drop, and the first couple of hours or so of an evening still retain some of the heat from the previous day. It might start to really cool off in the later hours, especially in the wee hours of the morning, but that is to be expected. It just felt like Oslo went down very quickly by way of comparison to literally almost every other place I have been to, and that caught me off guard, admittedly.

Still, we had fun while enjoying viewing Oslo at night. The dark added a very pleasant dimension to the part of the city which we were visiting, particularly by the waterfall.

Here are some photos that I wanted to share of the experience.

Enjoy!








































No comments:

Post a Comment