Thursday, September 29, 2022

NFL 2022-23 Thursday Night Football Week 4 Preview: Dolphins Try to Stay Unbeaten in Cincinnati

     



🏈🏈🏈🏈




Miami Dolphins (3-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-2)


Okay, this one is coming in quite late. The game has already started and, in fairness, the Bengals are winning the game, 7-3, as I write this. 

Still, I am going ahead and making my predictions for this game. After all, it is hardly decided yet.

The Bengals, I believe, are better than their 1-2 record might suggest. I know that I likely say this every week during these previews, but it bears repeating: Cincy almost won the Super Bowl last season. Just nine or so months ago, in fact. So whatever the problems that they have been facing - and there are admittedly a number of them - they nevertheless are a talented team, and have some serious experience, as well. 

Meanwhile, obviously the Dolphins are an improved team. The fact that they are one of two remaining undefeated teams in the league coming into this game should clearly attest to that fact. That said, I believe that they might not be as good as that 3-0 record would suggest. Or rather, since they deserve credit for having won those three games and not dropped one yet, they did earn it, but they are not a typical 3-0 team. Personally, I believe that they ave more vulnerabilities than their unblemished record might suggest.

And so that is why, despite a much worse record, I believe that the Bengals will come out with a big win this weekend, and get right back into the AFC North race that way. As or the Fins, they will remain atop the AFC East, at least tied for the lead after this week. But their period of exceptional, stand out play is likely coming to an end at some point soon. They really do not strike me (yet) as a team that is actually ready to leap into the ranks of the elites.

My pick: Cincinnati

No comments:

Post a Comment