Saturday, August 24, 2024

A Visit to Merguez and Frites in Queens, New York City





After having heard about it quite some time ago - I think it was literally a couple of years - my son and I finally got to visit the Merguez and Frites restaurant in Queens, New York, during our recent trip to Flushing Meadows.

Luckily, the restaurant was right on the way to Flushing Meadows. We were nervous that it might be well out of the way, but it was conveniently on the way, and required just a minor detour. And it beat the hell out of regular fast food.

Below are pictures from our visit, including what the shop looks like from the outside, the menu, and some pictures inside, including currency from various different countries that they had on display.

Enjoy.


















4 comments:

  1. That's great that you guys got to try that place. I'm wondering if the staff is actually from the Maghreb, in which case it must have been on a par with what you had back in the "dix-huitième"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it tasted and looked more like the merguez in Paris than the ones that we get in Quebec. But we got the sandwiches, and they stuffed the fries within the sandwich, which I don't remember them doing in either Quebec or Paris. But I'm definitely glad that we finally tried it.

      Delete
  2. There are definitely places on the boulevard Barbès that serve it that way. At least there were when I was there, though I doubt those places have changed much since I left. Hopefully we'll get to go there together at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guessing that we probably will at some point or other. Especially now that I have been, and know how to get there and what to expect.

      Delete