Monday, August 17, 2026

Haunting Sky Over Hillsborough, NJ This Evening



While I was doing some work on the earlier published piece regarding a Wall Street journalist and his frankly skewed take on just how well Americans are off, financially, earlier this evening, my girlfriend urged me to look outside at the sky. Indeed, it looked almost orange. It had a very odd quality to it.

It was so odd, in fact, that I decided to go ahead and take some pictures. Which I did.

The first one really comes closest to showing just how odd it looked. And no, this was not just a dawn or dusk sky. The quality of the lighting really was different. Also, while these unaltered pictures do show a little bit of how odd the sky appeared, they nevertheless fall short of revealing the extent of how odd the lighting was.

There was no obvious reason for it, so far as I know. I have not heard anything about new wildfires, or anything else.

Very unusual. 

Here are the photos I took:




No comments:

Post a Comment