Wednesday, August 26, 2026

JD Vance Declared Canada as an American State Before Claiming This Was a Freudian Slip

This is a picture of a magnet that was being sold at Strand's Book Store in New York City a few years ago. No, I did not buy it, but I liked it and took a picture, which I am sharing here now. 



American Vice-President JD Vance seems to half-believe that Canada is the 51st American state. He said as much in a very recent speech (see link to article by Dave Moye of the Huff Post below):

“We have to remember Canada is a state,” Vance said, seeming to reference Trump’s long-announced troll, er, goal of turning the country into America’s 51st state.  

But Vance quickly corrected himself. “Sorry, Freudian slip,” and stressed, “That was actually an accident.”

A Freudian slip. 

Right. 

Man, I'm sick of this entire presiential administration. My expectations for them were very low, but they have managed to exceed even my dismal expectations by proving to be a horrible disaster for the country, and indeed the world - on a scale that seemed impossible just months before Trump took power for a second time.




JD Vance Claims His Latest Comment About Canada Was A ‘Freudian Slip’by   David Moye, Aug 24, 2026:

“We have to remember Canada is a state,” Vance said during a stop in Maine.  

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jd-vance-canada-freudian-slip_n_6a8c87d7e4b004726c09e25f

JD Vance Says Calling Canada A State Was Just A ‘Freudian Slip’ | HuffPost Latest News

No comments:

Post a Comment