Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Congratulations To My Son!

 



Today, I wanted to just take a moment to congratulate my son.  

Later today, after school (obviously), he will work his first shift at his first ever job. That is a big step for him, and I wanted to make sure to give him my blessing her. I already gave him my blessing and congratulations in person days ago.  

It seemed to me that this would be a good experience for him. Earning his own money, perhaps dealing with the stress of a job, with a boss and perhaps coworkers who he might not like or necessarily get along with and a regular schedule and all of that. Some of those things might sound bad, and perhaps it might seem strange that I think that would be a good experience for him. But anything that helps toughen him up and prepare him for what life can often be like should serve as a learning lesson. I think that he will be better for it.  

In short, this is a taste of real life, even at the age of 16. It is a big step for him, and he was the one who pushed for it more than anyone else, which made me especially proud. He of course understands that school remains his biggest responsibility. So far, he is doing fairly well in this third marking period, which is encouraging. This will be another responsibility, and more lessons on time management. Again, a learning lesson in real life. Also money management, as he will be getting an actual salary with this job.  

Congrats to my son, who means the world to me, and makes me proud every day! All the best, and I wish him well all of the best in this new venture, his first job ever!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, congratulations, Sebastien and best of luck to you. You make us all proud, and we love you!

    ReplyDelete