Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Feeling a Bit Better...

Over the past weekend, I felt a bit strange. I had a tickle in my throat, and felt more tired than usual. But it was not much worse, so I did not worry too much about it.

However, I finally decided to take some medicine very early on Monday morning, when I unexpectedly woke up at three or so in the morning, and felt miserable. Indeed, I rarely seem to get sick lately - cannot remember having gotten sick since the whole Covid pandemic struck - but there was no denying it now. My throat felt far worse than a mere tickle, and my head felt as if it were swimming. Also, I had some mild body aches, and my arms and especially legs just felt weak and almost wobbly.

For the first time in years, I called out sick. I have taken personal days recently, and had to take "sick days" when my girlfriend grew sick and possibly had Covid a few times over the course of years. But that was different. This time, I was the one who was actually sick. 

Since this was the first that I had really felt sick in a long time, I braces myself for the worst. Normally, it seems that when I have a cold or feel sick, it will last maybe two or so weeks, give or take. 

Yet, I slept most of the day on Monday, and slept a lot on Tuesday, as well. In fact, I cannot remember the last time I slept for as long during a two-day span as on Monday and Tuesday. And by Tuesday afternoon, I was undeniably feeling better. No longer needing to call out from work.

No, I am not at 100 percent. Not yet, anyway. But feeling better, and my mind feels relatively clear. Still just a little cloudy, but mostly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment