Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Metallica’s James Hetfield Breaks Down on Stage



Earlier today, I posted something on Kirk Hammett screwing a song up during a show in Boston.

Well last month, Metallica frontman James Hetfield broke down during a live show. He felt depressed, like "an old guy" during the show. The crowd showed support, as did fellow band members. 

It was a strange and surreal moment, one that fans like me who had a certain image of Hetfield never imagined seeing.

Again, it seems like this band, more than most others, shows a human side to them in certain ways.

3 comments:

  1. I remember hearing about this as well. It confirms what I suspect most of us already know: the more desperately a guy tries to project unshakable alpha male toughness to the world, the more glaringly obvious it becomes that he's grappling with repressed pain and vulnerability for which he's clearly overcompensating. Although it's clearly a moot point seeing as I'm not exactly in the habit of hobnobbing with celebrities, I would undoubtedly enjoy hanging out with 2022 James Hetfield more than I would have enjoyed hanging out with the younger version of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that, my "anonymity" has come to an end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so it has. Would love to claim that I did something that fixed it. But the sudden reappearance of your name is as much of a mystery as the sudden disappearance to begin with. Glad in any case that it came back.

      Delete