Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day Pictures Shared


Today is Father's Day. It is a bit of a strange Father's Day for me, since it is the first one since my own father died, just last month. So it does feel a little bit bizarre, like something is missing.

However, I thought it would be nice to do something a little different, and a bit special. Over the past few months, during the process of clearing out the old family house in West Milford, I have tried to make online duplicates of family pictures. I would take a picture of the old photographs, and then post them here. Then, I would work on them, try to improve them. 

Well, there was a nice surprise a few days ago. I found this picture buried inside of a book that I had been reading some time ago, and put down. I had not picked it back up, and must have put the picture there, intending to make a duplicate, then forgot about it. Of course, it is not impossible that I did actually make a copy, and forgot about it, and just could not find it this time around. However, I could not specifically remember that, and think that I would. After all, the bookshelf took me back a few years, as did the poster or picture of French musician Jacques Brel (top left corner). Obviously, so did the image of my family. I think that this would have been taken either in Lodi, or possibly in West Milf,rd, but in the very earliest years, because we were all so much younger. From left to right, my brother, my father, my mom, and myself. 

Under that is a picture that I did make a copy of, but years ago, before I had full access to the improvements that I now have access to, especially on my weekend job (knock on wood that it stays that way for a while). So, I thought that I would make another copy, and then make the adjustments and improvements, then share it here.

Enjoy, and a Happy Father's Day to any father out there!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these. While the second picture was of course part of a series of pictures taken that day, I didn't recognize the first one at all, and probably hadn't seen it in decades. Mom and I were trying to figure out where that picture was taken, since it doesn't appear to be the house in WM, yet doesn't look the way we remember the apartment in Lodi either. I don't remember what appears to be the wooden bench we're sitting on for instance, but then again this was four decades ago. I'm guessing Grampa probably took that picture, since this is a relatively rare photograph featuring the four of us. I just sent you a Fathers Day email by the way.

    ReplyDelete