Tuesday, June 21, 2022

The Legal Case For Going After Trump





Some time ago, I posted a video from this guy. And after watching this video (two videos, actually, that I watched and decided to post from him), it seemed like something worth doing again.              

However, I only can wish that I had his enthusiasm for a successful conclusion, and that, indeed, justice will be served.              

Unfortunately, I have seen Trump get away with pathetic and, frankly, criminal behavior time and time again. Despite all of his horrendous and, yes, criminal behavior, he just keeps getting away with it. It sometimes seems like the wore he behaves, the more loyal his fan base gets. Pathetic, and exactly the opposite of the way that it should be.              

Frankly, I am not at all convinced that Trump will be held to account. My suspicion is that he will get away with this, once again. But man, I would love to be proven wrong on this particular point!              

One thing: Trump apparently is almost daring the House Committee on January 6th to bring him in to testify. Here was a recent tweet:           

I DEMAND EQUAL TIME!!              

George Takei made an interesting point, daring Trump right back to testify like Hillary did for 11 hours, even double daring him.to do so. Here is his original post, by the way, if you would like to check it out:      

https://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei/photos/a.737221629640626/6446857215343677/     

Quite frankly, I would love to see that, too. Man, would it ever be interesting to hear him explain that little detail about finding those 11, 780 votes, and especially if it would be under oath, with penalties attached for lying. How would he explain the complete lack of concrete proof that he and his team provided for the massive voter fraud that they keep whining about? Why did they keep going on and on about the massive voter fraud, even while his team of supposedly top notch lawyers make such a point of making it clear inside of court rooms that they were not making an argument for massive voter fraud? Plus, why would his team have considered pardons for their roles on January 6th, if they were not wrong?              

There would be a ton of other questions that I would love to see Trump grilled on as well, although I know that the focus of such testimony would be focused specifically on January 6th and his role in it. Still, it would be nice to see, although I imagine that he would rather typically give some blatantly idiotic and ridiculous excuses and/or misleading statements. Maybe he would flounder and be caught in one of his own big lies, but I am not sure. Also, I heard one guy, a prosecutor, say in a video (I can try and find the video) that it would be difficult to nail him regarding his role with January 6th if he legitimately believed that this was a stolen election, because criminal conspiracy requires criminal intent. If he truly believed it, he can insist that he acted in good faith, and also, on the advice of lawyers, even if the lawyers that he was counting on were, quite frankly, unhinged.              

In any case, I digress….              

Yes, this guy makes some solid arguments. When I listen to him, I almost feel like there is a chance that Trump will finally be held to account, legally.              

However, this guy has gotten away with so damn much, for so many long. He might literally be insane, frankly, and may hold some incredible opinions and beliefs. I suspect that he knows certain things more than he lets on, and that this is especially true of his having lost the election. Somehow, I strongly suspect that, at least on some level, nobody knows that Trump lost this past election better than Donald Trump himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment