Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Another Picture From the Summer of 1987




Here is another picture from that trip to France that my family took back in the summer of 1987. Turns out to have been the last time that the four of us were all in France together. My cousin who gave me a picture of her and me together, which I posted yesterday, also gave me this picture. Not sure if my family has a copy of this or not, but it seemed worth sharing here.

Okay, well this particular picture is a bit blurry. Still, it is also a bit of a treasure, since it features my father with his sister, Marie Thérèse, and half-brother, Jacques. A real family from one of the last trips that my father would ever take to France, as it turns out. He would take two more, both in the nineties. Yet, the first was by himself in the winter of 1992 (February, I believe). The second was in the spring of 1997 with my brother, who was then himself making a move to France. 

I believe that this picture was taken in Taverny, where my sister and her family lived at the time. It is a suburb northwest of Paris. It is situated within the Île-de-France, which is basically the name for the region of the greater Paris area, including the city and suburbs.

Since the image was blurry, I tried to alter it. Originally, believe it or not, it was even more blurry and hard to make out. I worked on it for a while on my work computer on the weekend job. Then, I tinkered with it a little more earlier today, just before posting this. Hopefully, the improvements make the picture a little bit better. It seemed like a good idea to post all three versions, from the original version (top) to the slightly more enhanced version (middle) to the more distinct version (I believe) on the bottom.

Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment