Wednesday, July 27, 2022

A Recent Visit to New York's Lincoln Center




The Lincoln Center is a beautiful performance arts center right in the middle of downtown Manhattan, right in the heart of New York City.

It had been a long time since I had been there. Besides that, I have only been there a handful of times. Once, I believe, I went there as a kid. Maybe it was with my family for a show (likely a classical music concert). Once in the late 90's, as I recall, with my then girlfriend (now ex-wife) and my father to see French folk musician Alan Stivell. More recently, still well over a decade now, to see Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. That was likely either late in 2008 or early in 2009. 

Now here my son and I were in the city again, with tickets to see Notre Dame de Paris at the beautiful Lincoln Center. The show was only in New York City on a limited engagement. About two weeks or so. Perhaps not even that long. It would only be in town for a short time, and I definitely wanted to get us tickets to see it, having heard about it first when it first was introduced and got popular back in the late 90's in France, and again in Canada shortly thereafter. Never saw it in either country back then, but this time, being so close and not requiring a special trip or vacation, I jumped on the opportunity.

Before going, my son and I visited New York City landmarks, especially in Central Park. Later, after the show, we went back to Central Park a little bit (the other side of it) through Columbus Circle, then went down to see St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center, then wrapped up this particular visit to the city with an exterior visit of the New York Public Library and Bryant Park, right behind it. We had shish kebob, roasted peanuts, and hot dogs, foods that I do not usually get, but which have become a special treat for the two of us when we visit the Big Apple.

The pictures below are of the Lincoln Center itself. My son was paying his first visit here, and he was impressed by how fancy the place is. Indeed, it is a very beautiful venue, and I have enjoyed every visit I have made here (again, they are rare, but always enjoyable). Took some pictures this time around, and thought that they would be worth sharing here.

Enjoy!










































No comments:

Post a Comment