Sunday, July 10, 2022

Updated Ottawa Pictures From 2017 Canada 150 Trip






Anyone who follows this blog knows that I like photographs. Taking pictures, posting them, reworking them, posting them again. All of it is kind of fun, in a way, because often, I almost go back in time and remember snapping the specific pictures, and some formerly buried memories of the time when the pictures were taken.

Lately, as a sign that perhaps I need a vacation, need to get away, I have been updating some pictures, particularly from the European trip, but also some others, including Washington and Canada.

Well, today, I am returning my focus to Canada again. This time, it is Ottawa. 

While I have taken a number of trips to Ottawa, from the first trip there back in 1999 until the most recent one back in 2017, it was this last one when I took pictures. That's right: up to that point, I never took a trip there when I had a decent, working camera. There are some video clips, but that is another matter altogether. 

So there were only a few actual pictures of Ottawa, the city, that I managed to take on this trip. There is a reason or this, however. Remember, this was a trip for the 150th anniversary of Canadian Confederation. It was a big deal. And Canada's capital city was all decked out for the big party it was going to host. So parts of the city were inaccessible, roads blocked off, and traffic was very congested. Also, there were just a ton of people around, which made it much more difficult - and admittedly much less pleasant - to simply walk around. All of which translated to relatively few pictures. That is something I hope to change on my next trip up to Ottawa.

In any case, here below are the reworked and, hopefully, somewhat improved pictures from that trip to Ottawa in 2017, on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of Confederation. 

Enjoy!



















No comments:

Post a Comment