Atlanta Falcons 35, Green Bay Packers 14
Yes, I know. I predicted the Packers to win this one convincingly. Instead, the Falcons travel to Green Bay and whipped the Packers in front of their home fans.
Not what I expected or predicted.
But as they say, that's why you play the games.
But who knew that the Packers would produce 17 total yards of rushing all game long?
Wait, was that a typo? Only 17 yards, and not for a quarter or for a half, but for the entire game?
Yup. That's the least in franchise history for over a quarter of a century. The Falcons outrushed the Packers 242 yards to 17. When it is that lopsided in favor of one team, there is no question as to who is not only going to win, but to dominate.
And that's what Atlanta managed to do. Again, it was not at all what I expected. But give Atlanta's defense credit. As well as their offense, as they scored 35 points. Indeed, the Falcons were comfortably in control for most of this game. Surprisingly, the Packers scored first, taking an early 7-0 lead. However, it was all Falcons after that.
Atlanta and Green Bay both walk off the field with matching 1-2 records. However, this loss feels especially shocking and painful to the Pack, who really look like they are struggling early on to this point in the season.
My pick: Inaccurate

No comments:
Post a Comment