Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Some Pics From My Walk at the Delaware Raritan Canal Earlier Today

Earlier today, I walked along the Delaware Raritan Canal.

It was a very beautiful day, neither too hot nor too cold. A bit on the muggy side later in the day, although my walk came during the late morning into lunchtime, so it never really did get overly hot or anything.

This is a nice time of the year. It is still technically, summer, at least for a few more weeks. Yet the signs of autumn are everywhere. You can see the leaves beginning to turn in some places. You can feel the nights dipping to surprisingly cool, even borderline cold, temperatures at times as well. I always love when the weather is like this, although it tends to last only a few weeks during the late summer and early autumn, as well as the springtime. While it is admittedly short in duration, it is immensely enjoyable to take advantage of such days.

During my walk, I was struck by some of the scenes, and decided to take some pictures. The first couple are from a tree which looks like it is overhanging over the water more than I have seen it before. Then there is one of a turtle enjoying the sunshine on a branch in the middle of the canal. Finally, there is one last one which I took, because the play between sunlight and shadows caught my attention.

Below are the pictures. Enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment