Tuesday, September 5, 2023

A Brief Visit to St Paul, Minnesota

Due to a stressful situation involving what seemed to be yet another case where my hotel reservations made on Expedia were not recognized, and thus not being honored, by the hotel that I made the reservations for. So I was on the phone for two hours, and that pretty much threw out our comfort window. That meant that instead of taking public transportation to the arena for the Pearl Jam show, we would be driving in.

As it turns out, it was nowhere near as stressful in terms of traffic as I had feared. Nor was it nearly as expensive as I had imagined it would be in terms of parking, either. 

It allowed us to enjoy just a little bit of spare time before the doors opened. I wanted to be there early because there were problems obtaining the tickets on my phone. So the earlier, the better, I figured. Best to be safe than sorry, and not arrive later than necessary. 

Anyway, yes, we had just a little opening of extra time having driven there. And so I took these pictures of the area near the arena in St. Paul. That includes some pictures of the rather striking and yet stately Cathedral of St. Paul, which I had seen pictures of when preparing for the trip, and which we had seen when passing on the highway at the very early part of the trip, on our way to North Dakota and our camping reservations at the International Peace Garden.

Below are the pictures.

Enjoy!





The Xcel Energy Center, home of the NHL's Minnesota Wild, and the place where we saw the Pearl Jam show on Thursday night.













The Cathedral of Saint Paul:




No comments:

Post a Comment