Saturday, September 16, 2023

Thursday Night Football Review: Eagles Remain Unbeaten, Vikings Remain Winless to Start 2023


Minnesota Vikings


at



Philadelphia Eagles






Philadelphia Eagles 34, Minnesota Vikings 28



Not exactly how I expected this season to go. 

Both New York teams seem to have had such disastrous starts to the season, that it feels like it may threaten the rest of their season. Some of the relative elites, particularly on the AFC side, beginning their seasons each with losses (the Bills, the Bengals, and of course, the defending champion Chiefs).

Now, the Vikings, the one elite from the NFC who also started the season with a surprising loss, lose again to get off to an 0-2 start. They had been my pick to win the NFC North this season, but are making me scratch my head in wonder of why I had assumed that they would carry on last year's success to this season.

In truth, it is not surprising that they would lose to the Eagles, particularly at Philadelphia. It's just that I had figured that this would have been a battle of 1-0 teams. But now, having lost at home to a Bucs team that does not really stand out in any way in their first season of the post-Brady era, this loss to the Eagles means that Minnesota has already dug themselves into an 0-2 hole to begin their 2023 season.

Obviously, not the way that you want to start a season.

Admittedly, I forgot about this particular game. I will say that the obvious pick would have been the Eagles, who were, and probably remain, a powerhouse team. However, I obviously cannot give myself credit for a pick not made. But I will try to do better from here on out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment