Sunday, September 10, 2023

NFL 2023 Season Week 1 Predictions

                



🏈🏈🏈🏈


Okay, really quickly, here are my predictions for the upcoming opening weekend in the NFL:


San Francisco at Pittsburgh - The 49ers should prove a bit too tough in this one. My pick: San Francisco


Tampa Bay at Minnesota - So it begins for the Bucs, without Brady. A tough start, having to go to Minnesota. The Vikings should take this one. My pick: Minnesota


Arizona at Washington - The Cardinals feel suspect. Washington is improving, and at home. Should be a win for the home team. My pick: Washington


Houston at Baltimore - Yes, I predicted that the Texans would improve. But going on the road and facing Lamar Jackson and the Ravens right away is a bit too much to expect a win from the Texans. My pick: Baltimore


Cincinnati at Cleveland - The Browns always seem to have the Bengals' number. And if Burrow doesn't play in this one, it will be another win for the Browns. My pick: Cleveland


Carolina at Atlanta - A good test for the Panthers, who I suspect will really make some noise this season. They should be able to win this one. My pick: Carolina


Jacksonville at Indianapolis - The Jaguars will likely go through growing pains. But they had best avoid a letdown against the lowly Colts in this one. My pick: Jacksonville


Tennessee at New Orleans - Difficult game to project. But my suspicion is that the Titans are the better team overall, and should get the win. My pick: Tennessee


LA Rams at Seattle - The Rams learned some lessons in humility last season. Now, they just are not good enough to predict wins for. My pick: Seattle


Las Vegas at Denver - Two teams that suffered embarrassing seasons that burst the high expectations that many had for both of these teams before last season. One of them will get off to a good start with a win. My pick: Las Vegas


Miami at Los Angeles Chargers - Both of these teams figure to be playoff contenders. The Dolphins might surprise me, but I still feel the better of these two teams is the home team. My pick: LA Chargers


Philadelphia at New England - The Eagles suffered a disappointing loss in the Super Bowl. They legitimately seem hungry and focused to get back there to try and win this time. It starts on the road in New England, and they should be able to win this one. My pick: Philly


Green Bay at Chicago - This might be a battle between the two worst teams in the NFC North. But the Bears still feel like the worst, at least for now. My pick: Green Bay


Sunday Night: Dallas at NY Giants - At some point, the G-Men have to figure the Cowboys out, right? I mean, the 'Boys can't win every meeting. Knowing just how tough the schedule will be, look for the Giants to figure out a way to win this one. My pick: NY Giants


Monday Night: Buffalo at NY Jets - Okay, this is the first big test for the new Gang Green, right off the bat to start the season. This should go some way towards determining just how good they can be. And for now, I am actually predicting this one to be a win for the new look Jets. My pick: NY Jets

No comments:

Post a Comment